What is PCOS?
PCOS, also known as polycystic ovary syndrome, is a common hormonal disorder for women of childbearing age that causes enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges.
Symptoms of PCOS:
• Menstrual Cycle Abnormalities
• Increased Androgen (male sex hormone) Levels
• Excess Hair Growth
• Pelvic Pain
• Urinary Frequency / Urgency
• Pain with Bowel Movements
• Dyspareunia (pain with sex)
• Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS)
• Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
• Abdominal Pain
• Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
PCOS Treatment Modalities:
• Visceral Mobilization
• Manual Stretching
• Myofascial Release
What's The Next Step?
At Pelvic Health Physical Therapy, our certified physical therapists will provide you with a thorough evaluation to determine what the best treatment plan will be for you. We understand how inhibiting pain and stiffness can be, and we want to help get you back to comfortably living your life. We'll help lift all of your physical stresses away!
78 Main Street, Madison, NJ 07940