Sexual Dysfunction / Pain
What is sexual dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem occurring during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the sexual activity. The sexual response cycle traditionally includes excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution. Desire and arousal are both part of the excitement phase of the sexual response.
What are the types of sexual dysfunction?
• Desire disorders —lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
• Arousal disorders —inability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activity
• Orgasm disorders —delay or absence of orgasm (climax)
• Pain disorders — pain during or after intercourse
• Inability to achieve or maintain an erection suitable for intercourse (erectile dysfunction)
• Absent or delayed ejaculation despite adequate sexual stimulation
• Inability to control the timing of ejaculation (early or premature ejaculation)
• Inability to achieve orgasm
• Inability to relax the vaginal muscles enough to allow intercourse
What's The Next Step?
At Pelvic Health Physical Therapy, our certified physical therapists will provide you with a thorough evaluation to determine what the best treatment plan will be for you. We understand how inhibiting pain and stiffness can be, and we want to help get you back to comfortably living your life. We'll help lift all of your physical stresses away!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment, or call our office at 908-443-9880.
My First Visit
Are you ready to live pain free?Request An Appointment
Connect With Us
Review Us on Google
78 Main Street, Madison, NJ 07940